Sunday, March 30, 2014

Good with the bad

I've always been told "You've got to take the good with the bad". I hate this. Why can't we just have good, with no bad? I suppose that this is a question for those well above my paygrade.

This week seems to have lived up to that expression. I received some devastating news Wednesday night, that Jeff, who I spent four months working in New York with, passed away on Tuesday night. Having spent so much time working on the road with him, I consider he and his wife, Linda, to be family.

I've spent the latter half of the week reflecting on Jeff, and remembering the good, and being thankful that I got to visit with them just three short weeks ago.

However today we celebrate KA's birthday! She's an amazing woman, that's for sure. A loving mother, a great girlfriend, and tough as nails.

So, while the pain of Jeff's passing is still fresh, I celebrate Kristance's birthday. It's weeks like this that I'm reminded to be mindful and thankful for the time that we have. Take time to see an old friend, and take the time to celebrate with your loved ones.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment